If you have your own training and acclimatization program before the Marathon and your own plans after the Marathon, you can join the main group in guesthouse in Namche Bazar.
You will have dinner, briefing, ask all questions you have, wake-up call (and breakfast if necessary or simply tea or coffee) and start the run from the designated place.
There are certain advantages in choosing this program instead of just joining near the start point:
- In this guesthouse you will be among people who are getting ready for the Marathon
- Since you have to go to bed early,you will be given the most quiet rooms for a better sleep
- You can have light breakfast in the night (if you wish) before the run (or just tea, coffee or juice or even take sandwich away)
- You will be woken up in a right time by the staff
- You will be lead to the start point of the run
- You don’t need to look for a place to stay at the same day, you will be booked a room in a guesthouse, you can shower, rest and enjoy delicious meals
- You can meet organizers of the Marathon who have already done that route few times to ask any questions
All of these gives extra confidence which is so important on that day.
- Duration: 3 days
- Max elevation: 5340 m
- Activity: Running
- Best time: 5 october!
- Briefing in the guesthouse
- Dinner in the guesthouse 2 times
- 2 nights in the guesthouse on a double basis
- Shower after trek (if staying in a simple room)
- Wake-up call in the night before the start
- Light breakfast (if necessary), tea or coffee or juice, or takeaway sandwich
- Breakfast on the next day after the Marathon
- Registration fee ($100)
- Trekking permit
- Any extra food or drinks
- Alcohol (not recommended!)